Polyplus is seeking a Sales Specialist in the Southeast Region to lead our sales efforts to Gene and Cell therapy companies, Life Science research facilities, Contract Manufacturing Organizations and Large Pharmaceutical Corporations. The role will be reporting to the VP of Sales, in the Americas.
This position requires working in close collaboration with the Field Application Specialists and the Scientific Support organization to achieve Polyplus revenue goals. This position requires a self-starter with excellent communication and people skills, who can build and nurture successful long term customer relationships. The successful candidate must be able to set and achieve aggressive sales and profitability goals, multi-task, travel extensively, forecast accurately and provide creative input.
This is an exciting opportunity for a like-minded professional who is self-motivated, hardworking and wants to join an exceptionally talented team with aggressive goals and determination to succeed. The position is home office based.
- Overall responsibility for the sale of the Polyplus Transfection reagents. Key markets include Gene & Cell Therapy, Life Science Research, Biotherapeutics and Vaccines.
- Develop and achieve sales and profitability targets in the defined sales region.
- Manage customer support activities daily, including reporting activities as required.
- Analyze and articulate customer and market needs, developing relationships with existing and new customers.
- Implement customer focused sales plans based on market knowledge, strategic initiatives, and overall business performance criteria.
- Prepare, track, and present sales projections and forecasts of Polyplus sales within the defined region, including budget planning for the following fiscal years.
- Study and understand customer development pipelines, business strategies and how it relates to their product development and manufacturing network.
- Travel as required. Occasional international travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Life Science subject or comparable work experience. A Master’s degree is preferred, but not required.
- Understanding of bioprocessing
- Sales experience and a proven successful track record of selling into the US Biopharmaceutical industry is preferred.
- Excellent technical presentation skills
- Extensive contacts within the industry, preferably in the given region
- Solid working experience with MS Office and a CRM database (SFDC)
To be successful in the role and at Polyplus you will need:
- To be an ambitious and an excellent teammate
- Strong talent for handling multiple projects and meeting deadlines
- A broad understanding of the bioprocess and/or gene therapy market, as well as its practices relative to research, product development and manufacturing.
- Attention to detail, along with a focused approach to work.
- Strong customer facing skills, with the ability to build and establish relationships.
- To be an active listener, provides consultation and be resourceful.
- The ability to work with the Scientific Support organization in the Polyplus headquarters in France
- Proven ability to work well within a global, cross functional team.
- To be a self-starter, capable of operating with limited direct oversight.
- Primary language: English, some knowledge of French will be beneficial.
If you recognize yourself in this profile, send us your cover letter and CV at firstname.lastname@example.org