Polyplus-transfection is a biotechnology company that develops, markets and sells innovative solutions for the delivery of nucleic acids in research, bio-production and therapeutics.
Polyplus-transfection supplies its proprietary range of reagents for the transfection of genes, oligonucleotides and siRNA through a worldwide distributor network since 2001. The headquarters are based in Strasbourg, France, with subsidiaries in USA and Asia.
To reinforce their team, they are currently looking for a talented and motivated Patent Engineer.
As the Intellectual Property (IP) expert, you ensure IP generates maximum value by driving the definition & execution of the IP policies and strategies. Reporting to Polyplus-transfection the head of IP & Legal Affairs, you will have the following tasks:
- Help to capture innovation from our R&D teams
- Patentability search
- Freedom-to-operate analysis
- Communicate with external patent firms
- Assist in the preparations of patent office responses,
- Assist in the drafting of new patent applications
- Manage oppositions: offensive and defensive
- University Degree in Sciences (Master or PhD) with a specialization in chemistry, biochemistry or biology.
- Diploma on Invention patent from the Center for International Intellectual Property studies (CEIPI, University of Strasbourg) and a minimum of 3-5 years experience in Intellectual Property
- Strong abilities in scientific/technical drafting
- Excellent analytical skills in order to understand complex problems
- English & French: Fluent spoken and written (mandatory)
- High organizational skills and good interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively and constructively interact with various functions at all levels of the organization
- Sense of responsibility, enthusiasm, diplomacy and determination to learn are a must
- A welfare, open-minded and flexible work environment in a very high-level qualified team
- Permanent contract, Full time job
- Location: Illkirch-Graffenstaden
Please send your cover letter and CV at email@example.com