Polyplus-transfection® SA is the leading biotechnology company that supports Gene and Cell therapy, biologics manufacturing and life science research with innovative nucleic acid transfection solutions. Polyplus-transfection’s strengths are 20 years of experience in manufacturing transfection solutions with tailored scientific and regulatory support to accelerate research.
Based on the BioParc close to Strasbourg (France), Polyplus-transfection® offers an extensive and growing range of transfection reagents available worldwide.
The Global Product Manager (GPM) is responsible for the Cell & Gene Therapy non-transfection product portfolio including product line management, technology roadmap and new product development, revenue/margin growth through value creation and commercial support. The GPM will play the leading role in developing the long-term product strategy of his/her portfolio where he/she will target the critical initiatives and action plans to enable successful achievement of strategic targets. In direct coordination with Sales, R&D and Operations, this individual will focus on creating the Global Cell & Gene Therapy non-transfection product Portfolio and driving its growth and profitability. He/she will lead the development of the technical and product road map as well as manage the development and launch of new products.
The Global product manager reports to the Global Marketing Director.
Product portfolio management
- Product Life Cycle Management
- New Product Development
- Value Proposition Development
- Pricing Strategy
- Margin Improvement Projects
- Forecasting and Capacity Planning
- Change Control Notification
New product development & product launches
- Lead Product Planning and ensure customer unmet needs via Voice of Customer (VOC) are clearly understood by the team.
- Participate in Technical Road Map meetings to prioritize product ideas and opportunities.
- Oversee the development of product road maps.
- Lead the new product development process (forecasts, specs, customer validation, commercialization)
- Ensure that New Product Revenue Achievement targets are achieved.
- Work collaboratively with quality and operations to understand all changes affecting form, fit and function of products.
- Develop pricing strategy, maximizing revenue and operating margin.
- Works closely with the sales and scientific support organization to improve existing products (features, performance, packaging…).
Product & portfolio Management
- Stay ahead of market trends impacting the overall business and product line.
- Conduct bi-annual forecasting (three-year forward looking)
- Conduct VOC to understand value drivers, customer needs and opportunities.
- Perform competitive analysis, including benchmarking to understand gaps.
- Enhance value proposition and monetize features/benefits with competitive advantage.
- Develop collateral and training tools to educate customers and commercial team.
- Analyze the performance of products, including sales, profitability, volume, and collaborates with Sales Teams to drive countermeasure activities to increase revenue.
Desired education and / or experience
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Life Sciences; preferably completed with a MBA.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture, molecular biology or industrial bioprocesses (viruses and proteins) in GMP is preferable.
- 3+ years of product management experience in the Life Sciences or Pharma industry.
- Strong VOC skills and the ability to translate customer needs into products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; Ability to communicate in French is preferable.
- Understanding of the customer segments and product applications for Polyplus products.
- Ability to listen to various partners and generate impactful insights.
- Possess the ability to lead, influence and shape opinion among a peer group of senior managers.
- Enterprising creative spirit, autonomous on his/her projects, ability to be a force of proposal and to take initiatives.
- Leadership, Positive attitude, passionate, dynamic, curious, taste for teamwork
Occasional international travel.
Full-time position to fill ASAP
To apply: send application to email@example.com under the reference “PRODUCT MANAGER”