Polyplus is a leading upstream solutions provider for advanced biologic and cell and gene therapy production from research to commercial scale. An innovator in nucleic acid delivery, the legacy portfolio features process-centric transfection reagents, kits, and support services. Custom plasmid vector design was integrated into the offer in 2022 as a first measure to expanding the products and services portfolio to help customers (or the industry) optimize process economics while meeting strict scientific and regulatory standards.
Headquartered in Europe, the Polyplus team continues to grow globally with operations in the United States and Asia.
Polyplus is seeking a Field Application Specialist on the republic of KOREA. The role will support Gene and Cell therapy companies, Life Science research facilities, Contract Manufacturing Organizations and Large Pharmaceutical Corporations to adopt Polyplus transfection reagents. You will be responsible for supporting and troubleshooting research programs to meet the customer’s cost and performance objectives. The role will be reporting to the Korea Business Director, in the republic of KOREA.
This position requiers working in close collaboration with a team of Sales Specialists, and the Scientific Support organization, to help customers establish cost effective manufacturing processes. The position requires a self-starter with excellent communication and people skills, who can build and nurture successful long term customer relationships.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Scientist who is interested in groundbreaking bioprocessing technology solutions and working directly with customers.
- Conduct technical consultations with customers and propose solutions. Activities include consulting about or conducting lab trials, as well as developing processes using Polyplus products in the customers’ new drug development processes.
- With your experience in cell biology or other related discipline, educate and advise customers of the best suited technology.
- Support Customer product testing to demonstrate how to get the best out of Polyplus products. Generate the necessary technical documents for internal and customer use.
- Train or facilitate training for customers and the sales team, both in person and virtually.
- Manage customer support activities daily, including reporting activities as required.
- Work with the commercial organization to increase the number of Customer clinical applications that have Polyplus specified.
- Develop expertise by regular exchange of experiences, applications and technology training.
- Work with marketing to track and report progress metrics for penetration of drug pipeline using our CRM.
- Represent the company at industry scientific conferences and trade shows.
Profile & Competences
- Master’s degree in Life Science. PhD is preferred but not required.
- 3+ years’ experience in the cell and gene therapy market.
- Excellent technical presentation skills
- Understanding of bioprocessing is a plus
- Extensive contacts within the industry in Korea market.
- Solid working experience with MS Office and CRMs
To be successful in the role and at Polyplus you will need :
- To be an ambitious and an excellent teammate
- Strong talent for handling multiple projects and meeting deadlines
- Attention to detail along with a focused approach to work.
- No difficulties in business trips for various purposes to support Customer.
- Strong customer facing skills, with the ability to build and establish relationships.
- To be an active listener, provides consultation and be resourceful.
- Knowledge of molecular biology and cell culture processes
- The ability to work with the Technical Support organization in the Polyplus headquarters in France.
- Proven ability to work well within a global, cross functional team.
- To be a self-starter, capable of operating with limited direct oversight.
- Primary language: Korean & English.
- A creative, ethical and international working environment within a dynamic and qualified team
- Full time
- Location: 100% remote working. This position will be based out of a home office for now, you will need to spend time on the market with our customers with a nationwide coverage.
- Favorable holiday package
If you fit this profile, we look forward to receiving your CV and covering letter at the following address: email@example.com