Polyplus-transfection is a biotechnology company that develops and sells innovative solutions for the delivery of nucleic acids in research, biologics manufacturing and gene therapy. We enable scientists to develop breakthrough technologies to improve human health with delivery solutions every step of the way from fundamental research to clinical applications.
We are looking for an experienced and high energy Commercial leader to develop commercial operations in Japan, Korea, India, South East Asia and Australia/ New Zealand.
The Commercial Sales Leader provides strategic business direction and drives tactical business execution for Polyplus in Asia-Pacific to expand market share and increase business unit profitability with accountability for bookings, sales, margin, new product sales, market specific growth initiatives, and business unit related selling costs and profitability. We are looking for a strong people leader capable of setting department priorities and allocating resources to align with business objectives, vision and purpose. This individual will have proven success in aligning organization goals and people strategies, with the ability to build an environment in which people want to perform at their highest level.
In this role, the Director of Sales will have the ability to apply global business knowledge of key business drivers and factors that maximize performance and will constantly use their ability to identify and solve sophisticated, operational problems, using the appropriate resources.
Does this sound like you? Please be sure to continue reading!
- Drive revenue, pricing, and margin improvement, as well as newly launched product sales while minimizing cost and maximizing profitability.
- Develop and implement tactical sales action plan for Polyplus in APAC
- Mentor and develop country/sub-regional commercial teams to execute business plan and increase market share.
- Team Development including Training, Career Development, Employee Engagement and Retention
- Provide monthly qualified input to demand planning and product forecasting
- Ensure execution of quotation and contract reviews including risk assessments in accordance with the Polyplus Commercial Contract Review & Approval Matrix
- Measure business performance in the Region
- Lead regional key account and strategic account management activities, including key and/or strategic customer visits with their senior leadership.
- Champion adoption and use of CRM and Business Intelligence Tools
- Drive and measure performance of Sales Channel partners, identify and select new business partners as needed.
- Partner with local HR relative to recruitment, talent development and compensation
- Participate in annual planning of business strategies
- Measure customer retention as well as development and other activities as required
- Communicate important information to field sales and ensure their activities are aligned with the strategic objectives of the business.
- BS degree or higher in Life Science preferred (e.g. Biochemical Engineering, Cellbiology. etc.)
- Proven experience as a commercial leader in APAC or relevant roles
- Experience in Life Science Bioproduction- especially the Cell and Gene Therapy market segment would be a plus
- Proven success working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Desire to own projects and exceed expectations, with ability to find solutions and deliver results within a rapidly changing, entrepreneurial, technology-driven culture
- Thorough understanding of diverse business processes and strategy development
- Must be proficient at analyzing data, building reporting and making strategic recommendations based on data and trends
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work to tight deadlines
- Understand the impact of operational initiatives from a sales or marketing person’s perspective
- Keen business sense, with the ability to find creative business-oriented solutions to problems
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, databases (Salesforce) and information systems
- Presentation Skills
- Client Relationships
- Emphasizing Excellence
- Track record of building High Performance Commercial Teams
- Prospecting Skills
- Sales Planning
The role of commercial sales leader comes with a competitive compensation containing 3 components, base salary, performance related bonus and equity opportunity.
The role requires extensive travel throughout Asia as well as some travel to the HQ in France.
If you recognize yourself in this profile, send us your cover letter and CV at email@example.com