Polyplus-transfection is a biotechnology company that develops, markets and sells innovative solutions for the delivery of nucleic acids in research, bio-production and therapeutics.
Polyplus-transfection supplies its proprietary range of reagents for the transfection of genes, oligonucleotides and siRNA through a worldwide distributor network since 2001. The headquarters are based in Strasbourg, France, with subsidiaries in USA and Asia.
To reinforce the team, we are currently looking for a talented and motivated Bioprocess Application Scientist!
In collaboration with a team of scientists, you will be involved in customer support and also other support activities. You will directly interact with our scientific support specialists, sales managers, marketing team and customers. You will be in charge of the following (non-exhaustive list of) activities:
- Support and train customers on Polyplus transfection technologies for bioprocessing applications, mainly in the field of viral vector production for Gene & Cell Therapy.
- Ensure technical follow up on customer projects in close collaboration with the commercial team.
- Help drive R&D projects as well as support new product development through technical consultation.
- Collaborate with Polyplus marketing and R&D teams as well as customers to generate application notes, publications and also presentations.
- Create and update training documentation.
- Be the upstream specialist to serve as a technical expert for cell culture processes internally and for biopharmaceutical/biotechnology customers.
Profile & Skills
- Minimum postgraduate degree (MSc or PhD) in a relevant science/engineering or degree with at least 5 years of lab experience.
- Hands on experience in cell culture and bioreactor processes.
- Notions of QBD and DOE.
- Experience in downstream purification and/or bioanalytical process development is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Able to prioritize and meet tight deadlines.
- Team player, as well as leadership qualities with proven experience, as well as successfully working cross-functionally with various teams, are desirable.
- Experience in a customer service/facing role preferred.
- An open-minded and flexible work environment in a qualified and dynamic team
- Permanent contract, Full time job
- Location: Illkirch-Graffenstaden
If you recognize yourself in this profile, send us your cover letter and CV at email@example.com