ENGLISH: Polyplus-transfection is a biotechnology company that develops, markets and sells innovative solutions for the in vivo, in vitro and ex vivo delivery of nucleic acids in research, bio-production and therapeutics. Polyplus-transfection supplies its proprietary range of reagents for the transfection of genes, oligonucleotides and siRNA through a worldwide distributor network since 2001. The headquarters are based in Strasbourg, France, with subsidiaries in USA and Asia.
FRENCH: Polyplus-transfection est une entreprise qui développe et commercialise des réactifs innovants permettant le transfert d’acides nucléiques in vivo, in vitro et ex vivo. Ces réactifs, destinés à la recherche académique, la bio-production et la thérapie sont disponibles dans le monde entier via un réseau de distributeurs. Basé à Strasbourg en France, Polyplus dispose également d’une antenne commerciale aux USA et en Asie.
To join a collaborative and multi-disciplinary team, we are seeking:
Scientific Support Associate
In collaboration with a team of scientists, you will be involved in our product sales support. You will directly interact with our scientific support specialists, sales managers, marketing team and customers. You will be in charge of the following (non-exhaustive list of) activities:
- Follow-up on sample requests to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Collect, organize and consolidate scientific data coming from:
- Customer feedback
- Satisfaction survey
- Product development project
- Keep our CRM software (Salesforce.com) database up to date
- Track and develop relevant metrics and KPI
- Participate in customer evaluation follow-up to support sales
- Follow-up on leads generated during congresses, visits and marketing actions
- Contribute to technical documents (writing, editing…)
- MANDATORY : Bachelor or equivalent in Life Sciences, fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Experience in a customer service/facing role preferred
- Comfortable explaining and writing about scientific subjects, looking to develop skills and knowledge in biotechnology
- Appetite to learn about software and computer technologies
- Ability to interact effectively with customers and internal teams
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work autonomously and in a team setting
Open position, based in Strasbourg (67).
Sustainable position (CDI).
Please send CV and cover letter at email@example.com
Business Manager, BeNeLux, Nordics
We are seeking a Manager, Business Development to join our high growth EMEA Sales Team with responsibility for business development targeting biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies within BeNeLux and Nordics. In this position, you will be responsible for prospecting, qualifying and creating significant new revenue streams and on-going business opportunities to ensure that you meet or exceed bookings, revenue, profitability and customer satisfaction objectives in your territory. Additionally, you will evaluate and secure new business opportunities through targeted new prospects and expansion of existing clients in the assigned territory. The position is home office based, ideally located in BeNeLux or Nordics.
The Manager, Business Development will help build awareness for Polyplus transfection capabilities, create new sales, successfully positioning the company’s strategy, vision and market leadership with key business executives and functional decision-makers in all customers and prospects. He/she will manage the sales process, ensuring opportunities are qualified technically and commercially, build the pipeline, run or assist as necessary with meetings, ensuring that the teams, process and preparedness on both the buyer and seller side are appropriate.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Prospect and develop the territory by identifying target opportunities, customers and relationships.
- Schedule client meetings in support of qualified sales opportunities with Polyplus personnel.
- Create, build and manage excellent relationships between direct accounts, distributors and Polyplus to improve territory performance.
- Develop and execute account plans for targeted accounts that delineate goals and growth strategies for each relationship.
Ideally, you will have:
You will bring a demonstrated track record selling reagent, pharmaceuticals consumables, clinical trial services and a background in managing multi-distributors network.
Additional qualifications include:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in relevant scientific discipline.
- Track record of 5+ years sales experience pharmaceutical consumables targeting the biopharmaceutical sector.
- Have or quickly develop a strong understanding of transfection reagents and analysis of clinical trials.
- Preferably started career in scientific research, or product development transferred into business development and sales.
- Existing relationships with key decision-makers across prospect and client organizations in the territory in Biotechnologies and GMP, clinical operations and the ability and desire to leverage these to build and develop Polyplus services business.
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated, without the need for significant infrastructure and support, an understanding of the dynamics of small, high-growth companies, the ability to work in a rapidly changing environment with research driven founders.
Compensation & Benefits:
Compensation is competitive and highly leveraged, with significant accelerators for over-performance.
Please send CV and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org, join the team:
Quality control technician
We are looking for a biologist and biochemist technician to work under the supervision of Quality Control Manager. This job requires skills of cell culture techniques and good knowledge in the field of nucleic acids, their use as a gene expression vector. The main activity will consist in carrying out transient transfection test in different cell types (suspended and adherent cell lines).
1. Product quality control
- Application of laboratory procedures and instructions
- Conducting biological activity testing of batches of commercial products from production department
- Realization of physicochemical and biological analyzes to evaluate the quality and conformity of the products in compliance with health and safety rules and regulations
2. Document Management
- Drafting of control analysis reports
- Document review and document updates
3. Equipment qualifications
- Follow-up of service provider and maintenance schedule
- Calibration of measuring instruments for quality control
- Contribution to equipment qualification
Qualifications / Requirements
- BTS / DUT / Bachelor degree with 1-2 years of experience specially in cell biology and biochemistry
- Experience in cell culture, transfection methods, gene and protein expression detection and quantification and cellular viability
- Organized, rigorous and proactive and will be able to interact within cell biology, chemistry and production staff
- Scientific English and written communication skills
- Strasbourg, France.
- 6 months fixed-term contract (potential sustainable position)
- Please send CV, references and cover letter at email@example.com
Polyplus-transfection is always looking for new talents!
Please send your resume and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org
So, why would you want to come and work at Polyplus?
Well, we think there is a whole load of great, sustainable and important reasons why you should consider Polyplus-transfection® for your next career step – here’s the Polyplus team’s top 5 :
1. Polyplus is a small, and we think beautiful, Company which is focused on helping our Customers be highly successful with their science by providing them with effective and innovative transfection reagents, which are kind (not just nice) to your cells, can deliver the Customer’s bio-molecule efficiently and safely, which are available quickly from stock, which are shipped express with long shelf lives and backed up with fast and efficient technical support – where you can talk to a real person and not an “interactive voice response technology”.
2. Our working culture is open, supportive, team based and fair. Your success will be our success and vice versa. You will not get to the top here by treading on others but on merit and the quality of your contributions, overtime and at all levels to the team, our Customers and the business.
3. We will help you grow as a professional through formal training, on-the-job experience and by listening to you and asking you to contribute to not only the day-to-day business of the Company but also to improving our performance, our processes, tool set and our culture. At Polyplus you will have the opportunity to make a real difference.
4. We are located in the Parc d’Innovation at Illkirch-Graffenstaden a few kilometres south of Strasbourg in the heart of the Alsace. The Parc d’Innovation is a green space and is home to a broad mixture of University Faculties, large European Research Centres such as IGBMC, technology incubators as well as many commercial Companies like Transgene , Thermo Fisher Scientific and of course Polyplus. So you will have the opportunity to meet people from many backgrounds, cultures and countries.
5. Many Business Books written by ex-CEOs of large Corporations tell us that you also need to have “fun” at work. Well, fun is very different things to different people. I would say that at Polyplus we have fun most of the time. Fun working on interesting projects, fun helping Customers solve their challenging problems and fun help each other achieve our individual goals and collective targets. Sometimes we also BBQ, have a Raclette Party, go out to lunch together, share breakfast…