ENGLISH: Polyplus-transfection is a biotechnology company that develops, markets and sells innovative solutions for the in vivo, in vitro and ex vivo delivery of nucleic acids in research, bio-production and therapeutics. Polyplus-transfection supplies its proprietary range of reagents for the transfection of genes, oligonucleotides and siRNA through a worldwide distributor network since 2001. The headquarters are based in Strasbourg, France, with subsidiaries in USA and Asia.
FRENCH: Polyplus-transfection est une entreprise qui développe et commercialise des réactifs innovants permettant le transfert d’acides nucléiques in vivo, in vitro et ex vivo. Ces réactifs, destinés à la recherche académique, la bio-production et la thérapie sont disponibles dans le monde entier via un réseau de distributeurs. Basé à Strasbourg en France, Polyplus dispose également d’une antenne commerciale aux USA et en Asie.
To join a collaborative and multi-disciplinary team, we are seeking an energetic and highly motivated:
Global Account Manager – Gene & Cell Therapy
Your function will be exclusively dedicated to our “Gene Therapy” activity and you will be in touch with Research laboratories/Biotech mainly in Europe, USA and Asia.
We would like to give a new dimension to this activity – which already benefits from good project references, promising developments and growing turnover.
You will be responsible for:
- Identify new prospects to develop the key account customer portfolio in non-viral Gene Therapy.
- Define and implement relevant sales actions and actively participate in scientific congresses and trade fairs.
- Build the technical and commercial offer for key accounts (new or existing), in close collaboration with R&D, scientific support and regulatory affairs departments.
- Present tailor-made products & services and adjust the technical and commercial offer to the needs of key account customers developing clinical trials.
- Manage the provisional budget and monitor sales.
- Manage existing Clients / Folders.
Your key success factors:
- Strong appetite for technical and sales interactions.
- At least a Master degree in life science discipline required (advanced degree such as a PhD preferred), with successful commercial experience (reagents for cell culture/gene therapy…), a good knowledge of biotech related to the development of medicinal products in gene therapy and their method of manufacture.
- Basic knowledge of regulatory guidelines as well as basic understanding of drug development and clinical trials process.
- Fluent in both English and French.
- Based in or willing to relocate to Strasbourg area, France (travel about ¼ of the time).
Your distinctive skills
- You are enthusiastic, mission-driven and have great inter personal skills.
- You are autonomous, disciplined, curious and eager to learn.
- Cooperate and collaborate with good teamwork spirit.
- You are customer oriented with excellent sales and negotiation skills, from identification to closing.
- Ability to thrive in a complex and changing eco-system. Willing to work in a very innovative and fast-growing biotech company.
- Strong organizational skills, with good planning in regards to the tasks.
Full-Time position immediately available, based in Strasbourg, France (67).
Sustainable position (CDI), with a 6 month probation period.
Please send resume and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Scientific Support Specialist
- Deliver scientific support and expertise to our customers worldwide through emails, phone calls and in-person meetings.
- Identify customer needs and recommend the appropriate products and solutions.
- Make use of your scientific and technical problem solving skills to improve our customers’ experimental and research results.
- Keep our customer relationship management database up to date.
- Assist in the on-going technical education of the broader Polyplus organization, our distributors and end-user customers.
- Work collaboratively across the business to act as a scientific resource with the Marketing and sales teams to ensure high customer satisfaction.
- Write and edit scientific & technical documents.
- Remain up-to-date on new products, emerging technologies and novel research areas.
- MSc or PhD in Life Sciences with hands on experience in the lab.
- Fluent in English.
- Able to work autonomously and in a team setting.
- Must be organized, rigorous and proactive, able to work under minimal supervision.
- Brilliant scientific problem solving ability.
- Extensive knowledge of mammalian cell culture.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal teams and customers.
- Working knowledge in production of proteins or virus in mammalian cells or of animal work would be a plus.
12 months fixed-term contract (potential sustainable position).
Please send CV and cover letter at email@example.com
Polyplus-transfection is always looking for new talents!
Please send your resume and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your career at Polyplus-transfection
So, why would you want to come and work at Polyplus?
Well, we think there is a whole load of great, sustainable and important reasons why you should consider Polyplus-transfection® for your next career step – here’s the Polyplus team’s top 5 :
1. Polyplus is a small, and we think beautiful, Company which is focused on helping our Customers be highly successful with their science by providing them with effective and innovative transfection reagents, which are kind (not just nice) to your cells, can deliver the Customer’s bio-molecule efficiently and safely, which are available quickly from stock, which are shipped express with long shelf lives and backed up with fast and efficient technical support – where you can talk to a real person and not an “interactive voice response technology”.
2. Our working culture is open, supportive, team based and fair. Your success will be our success and vice versa. You will not get to the top here by treading on others but on merit and the quality of your contributions, overtime and at all levels to the team, our Customers and the business.
3. We will help you grow as a professional through formal training, on-the-job experience and by listening to you and asking you to contribute to not only the day-to-day business of the Company but also to improving our performance, our processes, tool set and our culture. At Polyplus you will have the opportunity to make a real difference.
4. We are located in the Parc d’Innovation at Illkirch-Graffenstaden a few kilometres south of Strasbourg in the heart of the Alsace. The Parc d’Innovation is a green space and is home to a broad mixture of University Faculties, large European Research Centres such as IGBMC, technology incubators as well as many commercial Companies like Transgene , Thermo Fisher Scientific and of course Polyplus. So you will have the opportunity to meet people from many backgrounds, cultures and countries.
5. Many Business Books written by ex-CEOs of large Corporations tell us that you also need to have “fun” at work. Well, fun is very different things to different people. I would say that at Polyplus we have fun most of the time. Fun working on interesting projects, fun helping Customers solve their challenging problems and fun help each other achieve our individual goals and collective targets. Sometimes we also BBQ, have a Raclette Party, go out to lunch together, share breakfast…