- Great silencing from 10 to 50 nM siRNA
- Designed for automated procedures
- Reproducible at all levels
- Small volume of reagent per well ► Cost effective
NEW! INTERFERin®-HTS is a new generation siRNA transfection reagent especially developed for high throughput screening (HTS) applications providing great silencing efficiency, excellent reproducibility and high cell viability with very low amounts of reagent.
INTERFERin®-HTS is cost-effective, easy to handle, compatible with serum and antibiotics, and comes with reverse and forward protocols for 96- and 384-well plates.
|1.5 mL of INTERFERin®-HTS is sufficient to transfect 200-300 plates in (96-well) .
Bulk sizes available, please contact us.
INTERFERin®-HTS leads to over 90% cell death in a standard phenotypic cell death assay, using 10 nM of a cell death-inducing PLK1 siRNA (Fig. 1). The assay is significant, as INTERFERin®-HTS shows minimal cytotoxicity (89% ± 7% cell viability) with non-targeting siRNA.
Transfection of a siRNA targeting endogenous lamin A/C using INTERFERin®-HTS leads to higher silencing efficiency than the same experiment performed with three other popular transfection reagents (Fig. 2).
|Figure 2. siRNA transfection with INTERFERin®-HTS gives higher silencing efficiency than competitor reagents. HeLa cells were transfected in 96-well plates with 10 nM siRNA duplexes targeting lamin A/C following a reverse transfection protocol according to the manufacturer‘s recommendations. Lamin A/C expression was measured 24 hours after transfection by branched DNA assay and normalized to GAPDH expression.|
- Easy to use: the reagent is an aqueous solution stored at 4 °C with a shelf-life of one year, compatible with the use of serum and antibiotics.
- Reagent diluted in aqueous solution is stable for more than a week.
- siRNA/INTERFERin®-HTS complexes are stable up to 4 hours at room temperature (Fig. 3).
- siRNA/reagent complex can be frozen at -80°C at least a week in plates.
- Reverse and forward protocols are provided for 96- and 384-well plates.
|Figure 3. siRNA/INTERFERin®-HTS complexes are stable for up to 4 hours at room temperature. siRNA/INTERFERin®-HTS complexes were formed according to the manufacturer‘s recommendations using 10 nM siRNA duplexes and incubated at room temperature for the indicated time. Subsequently, HeLa cells were transfected in 96-well plates with 10 nM siRNA duplexes targeting lamin A/C following a reverse transfection protocol according to the manufacturer‘s recommendations. Lamin A/C expression was measured 24 hours after transfection by branched DNA assay and normalized to GAPDH expression.|
INTERFERin®-HTS gives highly reproducible results at all levels:
- Well to well ► The data presented in Figure 3 were done in triplicate yielding a very small standard deviation and highly significant comparisons (Fig.4).
- One experiment to the next ► Three independent transfection experiments using the same batch of INTERFERin®-HTS show identical silencing efficiencies (Fig. 4)
- Batch to batch ► Transfection using three different batches of INTERFERin®-HTS shows highly consistent results (Fig. 5).
With INTERFERin®-HTS, your results are reliable.
Higher inhibition of gene expression is obtained with INTERFERin®-HTS using lower amounts of reagent than competitors; at least twice as many plates can be transfected with the same vial size (Table 1).
|Table 1. Volume of reagent (INTERFERin®-HTS and competitors) required per well in 96-well plates and number of transfected plates with 1.5 mL reagent size, according to the manufacturer’s recommendations for siRNA reverse transfection.|
INTERFERin®-HTS shows superior advantages for siRNA high throughput screening, in particular, very low amounts of reagent are required to perform siRNA transfection. INTERFERin®-HTS is therefore extremely cost-effective.